•   almost 8 years ago

What happends if we post an update in the next 7 days?

I'm wondering if it matters if we update our app on the Android Market during the left days before voting starts?

Does this disqualify an app? If not at what point do you install the android market version? :)

• 7 comments

• Manager   •   almost 8 years ago

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for writing. Yes, updating your app before Judging and Public Voting have ended is grounds for disqualification.

Per the official rules:
    "After the Submission Period has ended, the Submission cannot be modified in any way until after Judging and Public Voting have ended."

Best,
    Marny

•   •   almost 8 years ago

Perfect! Good thing I asked! :)

•   •   almost 8 years ago

I'm disqualified because I did make changes.

The night before the submit date I spent to 3am trying to find out why I could not read what I wrote.

It was because I did not have the use permission to write. I should have known this because I have had that problem.

This made me run out of time to validate my app.

It had some click/long-click issues on my view.

I started this project only the last week, so I had way too much for the time I gave myself.

At any rate, I really enjoyed this contest and using the Pen classes.

I'm staying in tune with these discussions. Really would like to see another Challenge in the future.

Thanks for this opportunity.

• Manager   •   almost 8 years ago

Hi Yvonne,

I am going to email you directly.

Best,
    Marny

•   •   almost 8 years ago

I published the Galaxy Note version of my app as a separate .apk on Android Play so I could continue releasing updates for the "non-Galaxy Note" version. I just want to make sure there won't be any issues before I publish an update... Essentially I will just be updating the .apk for the version that does not run on the Galaxy Note, so no Note users will see or get the updated version (until after the contest). Is there any problem with this?

Thanks.

• Manager   •   almost 8 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for writing. As long as you do not update the app that you submitted to this competition, you are free to update any other versions you have.

Best,
    Marny

•   •   almost 8 years ago

Hi Marny,

Thanks for responding. Just to clarify, it is the same app (same package name, same Google Play page) so it will show that it's been updated online, however I will only update the APK for the version not for the Galaxy Note, so no Galaxy Note users will receive the update (until after the contest).

Thanks.